Rss Feed
  1. Yup, you read that right. Bob Dylan just won the 2016 Nobel Prize in Literature. The American singer-songwriter was awarded the prestigious prize "for having created new poetic expressions within the great American song tradition" (as the official page said).


    Bob Dylan. Picture from Wikipedia.


    I have to admit that I was shocked by the choice and the fact that I couldn't name any song of his. No, seriously. I couldn't. I had to check Wikipedia to see his songs list. Apparently, I had heard some of his songs, but I have no idea who the singer was.

    The Nobel Prize was awarded to an author body of work. Along with his songs, whose lyrics have been highly praised, Dylan have published three written works: Tarantula, a prose poetry published in 1971; Writings and Drawings, a collection of lyrics and personal drawing of Dylan published in 1973; and Chronicles: Volume One, a memoir published in 2004.


    So, what do you think. Does Bob Dylan deserve the prize? Did the Nobel committee give the award just for publication and shock? Don't forget to comment below.

    And also, please tell me your favorite Bob Dylan's songs, so I can check them out.




  2. 2 comments :

    1. He's one of my favourite legend! Aku suka lagu2nya, terutama The Times They Are A-Changing dan Like A Rolling Stone

    2. wow, baru tau saya... nice info

    Post a Comment